Motorola SB6141 is the latest in the SB61 series that started with the SB6120 and then followed by the SB6121. Both the Motorola SB6121 and SB6141 are basically the same except for the box design and some minor differences.
The main difference between the two modems is the SB6141 has twice the download capacity than the SB6121. This is because the SB6141 has the ability to channel bond up to eight channels downstream instead of four for the SB6121. Unless you have ultra fast internet (250 Mbps), you wont notice a difference. With the average 30 to 50 Mbps download speed you have already felt that bump in speed.
Building upon the success of the SB6121, Motorola’s SURFboard SB6141 enhances your personal media experience, at lightning-fast broadband speed. It harnesses the power of DOCSIS 3.0 technology that providing you advanced multimedia services with data rates up to 343 Mbps download and 131 Mbps upload depending on your Cable Internet provider service. That makes streaming HD Video, gaming, shopping, downloading, working, high-quality voice and video conferencing, and peer-to-peer networking applications far more realistic, faster, and efficient than ever before.
Surfboard SB6141 Cabel Modem
Everything inside Motorola Surfboard SB6141, including the surfboard sb6141 lights was designed to last for a very long time. The best thing about the modem is that it is approved from many cable companies like Cox, Time Warner, Comcast and Charter. Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 is compatible with the major operating systems like Windows, Macintosh and UNIX. You will be supplied with a Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 manual which will help you install it in a flash. As the modem supports AES traffic encryption, it is designed to provide you enhanced security. Motorola SB6141 supports IPv4 and IPv6; it means that it will definitely improve your network addressing possibilities.
This Motorola SB6141 features a 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45) port, as well as intuitive, easy-to-read front-panel operational status LEDs. You can optionally activate dual-colored LEDs in order to have visual verification of bonded channels and GigE link use. With Motorola’s cable modems, high-speed Internet access is always at your fingertips – always on and always connected. The SB6141 is the ideal competitive solution for your house, your small home business, or your medium to large.
Why most peoples are choose this Motorola SB6121 cable modem?
Well the answer is this – with Motorola Sb6121 you get:
- Blazing fast cable modem to take advantage of the bandwidth provided to you
- New user experience on multi media internet contents
- Save money if you are currently renting your modem
- Buying into the future. Don’t have to replace your modem as your provider makes available to you more bandwidth
- Utilizes the latest technology – DOCSIS 3.0
- Dimensions: 5.24 in H x 5.24 in W x 1.65 in D
- Power: 9W (nominal)
- Cable Interface: 75 Ω F-connector
- CPE Network Interface: 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45)
- Data Protocol: TCP/IP
- Input Power:
North America 105 to 125 VAC, 60 Hz
Outside North America 100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz
- Operating Temperature 32 F to 104 °F (0 °C to 40 °C)
- Storage Temperature –22 °F to 158 °F (–30 °C to 70 °C)
- Modulation: 64 or 256 QAM
- Capture Bandwidth: Dual 96 MHz Capture windows
- Modulation: QPSK and 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 QAM
- Channel Width: 200 kHz, 400 kHz, 800 kHz, 1.6 MHz, 3.2 MHz, 6.4 MHz
Overall, this Surfboard SB6141with Motorola’s Service-Assured DOCSIS 3.0 Solutions enable you to deliver increased bandwidth, enhance security, and cost-effectively deploy data services to your bandwidth-demanding consumers —all while maximizing current infrastructure investment and lowering capital expenditures.